Nutrition Certified Esthetician Program
Healthy skin and nutrition are more deeply connected than previously thought. Research is revealing the need for an understanding of how diet and nutrition affects the skin. We believe this info is vital to creating a successful treatment plan for your clients’ skin health.
Our Nutrition Program For Aestheticians is taught by Rachel Miller, our on-staff LPN, a graduate of Cornell University certified nutrition program and nationally certified phlebotomist. She is also a Certified Advanced Esthetician and Licensed Instructor.
Commonly Asked Questions & Answers
What Will I Learn?
- To provide information on the role of nutrition in skin health.
- To understand the role of diet in maintaining normal skin anatomy and physiology.
- To appreciate how genes and epigenetics can inform personalized nutrition strategies.
- To compare the roles of macro and micronutrients, their functions, and common food sources.
- To describe the role of phytonutrients and bioactives in the diet and common sources.
- To demonstrate the role of key biological systems that connect diet and skin health, including the microbiome.
- To differentiate between RDA/RDI and functional needs.
- To analyze benefits and challenges between common diets, including vegetarian, vegan, Paleo, Mediterranean, Keto, FODMAP, Blood Type, and Intermittent Fasting.
- To identify common skin conditions that are impacted by diet including acne, rosacea, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, hirsutism, vitiligo, alopecia and other hair loss, hidradenitis suppuritiva, hormonal imbalances including PCOS, and Thyroid conditions.
- To formulate basic diet, topical and lifestyle strategies for each condition and communicate to clients.
- To evaluate claims regarding nutrition and skin health utilizing scientific studies.
- To recognize when referral to a qualified nutrition expert is necessary.
What Is Tuition/Costs?
Is Financing Available?
Does The Program Count Towards Continuing Education?
Approved by the Oregon Health Authority for 21 hours of Continuing Education.
What Are Upcoming Dates?
Is Lodging Available?
Many of our students travel from locations across the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
There are numerous hotels within a 3 mile radius of the school. We also have an agreement with the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Lake Oswego for discounted rates. Mention Spectrum when you call for reservations. Students have also found housing through AirBnB and other short term residency options.
Who Teaches This Program?
The program is taught by Rachel Miller, our on-staff LPN, a graduate of Cornell University certified nutrition program, and nationally certified phlebotomist. She is also a certified advanced esthetician and licensed instructor.
Is An Online Option Available?
An online option is available. Register here to have access to the course for one year and become certified at your own pace.